Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Guilted by a pro.



I pride myself on my ability to use my powers of persuasion at any moment, and in just about any situation. However, today, I've been out persuaded.

I live just in front of a synagogue, which now that I think about it... I'm surprised this hasn’t happened sooner. So I get out of work early and the parking lot in which I park is almost packed. I'd imagine that there is some type of event going on at Beth Israel Shalom.
So I'm getting out of my car and this man in his late fifties rolls down his window and says
 "Are you a member? "
"Not yet," I reply with a smile. 
"But I live right here"
"Well, I wish that I could find a spot so that I can get into temple. I’ve been slaving away all day at work... and I just thought that this would be the one place that things would look up for me”
"Oh, sir would you like me to move? I don’t mind at all"
"No, No, don’t worry about me, I'm sure that there'll be other services in my numbered days on this earth."
At this point my jaw is on the ground and I’m at a loss for what this gentleman actually wants.

I was in awe of at how quickly he just peppered in the guilt without me even really noticing it and how it actually worked. 
I moved my car because ultimately it meant more to him than it did to me.
But I really want to be taught by this guy, this is totally an art form. I think that it would be a great competitive edge, in say, an interview, or a with a client or investor that wont budge.
 Remember these stories arent meant to offend, they're just meant bring a bit of light your day.
xoxo
GC


No comments:

Post a Comment